Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Love Affair with Red Lipstick

Well, it's more like an obsession?... fetish?... makes me feel all warm and gooey inside? Probably all of the above! Red lipstick represents for me: strength, confidence and creativity. I wore red lipstick back during my undergrad days when I was in my most creative and productive period of my life. A woman who can wear red lipstick will feel that I guarantee it. The lipstick I wore back then was from Estee Lauder. It was a classic red in the gold case. I don't remember what the name was. I guess it could be a project for me to find out and not that hard of one. I stopped wearing red lipstick and it wasn't until many years later that I rekindled my love of it so much so that I started getting every shade of red that I was drawn to. I don't believe in makeup rules necessarily. The "choose your shade of red for your skin tone" I blatantly disregard. I wear every shade of red (and finish/matte/glossy/cream/sheer) from yellow-red, orange-red, red-orange, pink-red, red-pink, blue-red, red-blue, brown-red, black-red, etc. And they all look great. Each has it's own personality and emotional expression. This gallery shot is only a fraction of the red lipsticks I have. I will eventually post individual reds and talk about them. Perhaps you have red lipstick story. I'd like to hear it. Thanks for stopping by!

Please link back to this blog when sharing pictures. Thanks!