Sunday, January 27, 2013

NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils

These are amazing! I finally got a chance to try them. I seriously have a backlog of lippies that have yet to be used! NYX makes really good products for a great price. They always have sales on NYX so you can experiment and try new colors. I got the range of reds and a pink lip pencil. The texture is very creamy and smooth. The reds are very pigmented.
  • The "Plush Red" was my first try and I really love the vibrant cool red color. Gorgeous!
  • The second favorite is the "Deep Red". While it looks dark, there's a richness to it that pops when you wear it. I would describe it as a deep blue-red. 
  • "Hot Red" is a slight variation of the "Plush Red". You can see below on the swatches that it's more of a red-orange than the red-pink that "Plush Red" is. 
  • Next is "Narcisse" which is a vampy red that leans toward red-purple.
  • Finally the "Hera" is a frosty blue-pink that is somewhat sheer.
I really like these lip pencils for the price and variety even if you have to sharpen them. These lip pencils are fun to wear and when you want to switch up colors without paying a bundle. I always prep my lips with EOS Lip Balm, primer, foundation and powder. Then I line my lips and apply. These would not be my go-to lippies if I want my lipstick to last really long. I haven't tested the wear on them in terms of hours but having worn lipstick for my lifetime, I can say it doesn't have the staying power of the NYX Matte lipsticks (for ex). Regardless I do enjoy them. It's like having a lipstick in a pencil. I'm sure there are dupes for these in the NYX line itself. I spotted a couple and will do some comparisons later. Anyway, swatches include one taken with flash and without flash. Enjoy.
Have you tried these? Any favs? Any nays?






Please link back to this blog when sharing photos. Thanks!