Tuesday, January 29, 2013

NYX Matte Lipsticks


I've been wearing these on a pretty consistent  basis. Simply because they last long. It seems the older I get the more wear I look for in a lipstick. I used to be a lipgloss girl in my 20s now I'm really into the mattes, amplifieds, and opaques. And no I don't easily share my age, you'll have to guesstimate but let's not go there! 

So the breakdown of the NYX Matte Reds:
1. Indie Flick: bright neon red-orange. I love this. It pops! 
2. Pure Red: is your classic red in a tube.
3. Perfect Red: now we're in the blue zone. A blue-red.
4. Bloody Mary: is a pink-red.
5. Alabama: is your maroonish red. 

Again NYX is great quality at the right price. If you're a newbie to 'red lips', this is a great way to experiment with the different ranges of red. Make sure to use lip balm, prep your lips along with your face by using primer/foundation/powder. Line your lips and apply! I'm working on a pic tutorial to show you how I do it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Have a good one!

Do you have a favorite matte lipstick?