Saturday, April 13, 2013

Green: Color of the Year 2013

Sephora + Pantone Universe
Glitter Strobe Eyeliner Set

I was standing in the check-out line at Sephora. Had enough in my little basket but couldn't help but notice this. There were 2 testers out. I tried them on my hand and it was love-at-first sight. I have plenty of liners but the variety of finishes and effects in this set plus the price could not be beat. At $18, in this limited edition, you get 4 lovely variations of emerald green: matte, metallic, holographic and shimmer. 

Sephora partners up with Pantone Universe to bring makeup in the color of the year. Last year, 2012 the color was orange (Tangerine). I got the orange eyelashes and lipglosses. I wound up selling the orange lippies because I didn't see myself using them although they were pretty. Kept the falsies though. This year it's Emerald. And I know I can always use interesting and unique liquid eyeliners!




Below are swatches of each of the liners.

From left to right: matte, metallic, holographic and shimmer.



I wore the holographic with my purple eye makeup. It lasted and lasted. I use Lancome BiFacil to remove eye makeup so I had no problems removing it.

What do you think of this color? Do you like the color of the year? Do you wear green eyeliner? Green makeup?

Stay sweet lovelies!
See you on IG!
~Duchess

When sharing pics, please link back to this blog.