Thursday, August 8, 2013

They're Real! Mascara by Benefit and Mac Prep+Prime Review

They're Real! Mascara by Benefit

Heck yea they are!
It all started with the Sephora birthday gift. If you're a Beauty Insider, you know you get neat gifts and samples to try. The gift included a travel size They're Real mascara and the Watt's Up champagne highlighter (btw, which is good too). 

I usually set aside trial size mascaras. I'm a big Lancome lash lover and love my full-size tubes of Hypnose Doll Lashes, Hypnose Star and Definicils. Good thing I cracked this baby open. It was destiny. And I had to get a new tube of lash primer so I got Mac's Prep+Prime. This combo got me amazing results! I was like what's going on here? 


My lashes still looked great after 9 hours. The last time I counted my makeup lasting super long was this past weekend and that was 14 hours! I keep getting asked how do I get my makeup to last and how do I still have lipstick on for so long? I'll be revealing those secrets in a future post.

Back to mascara wonderland...

The travel size so far has lasted me through several applications. By itself it's only $10.00. So if you're not willing to commit to a full-size tube, this is a great and inexpensive way to try it.



I kept thinking so what was it that made this mascara work so well? Is it the formula or the brush? Actually both! I first noticed the brush. While I've never really liked synthetic brushes this one is the exception. I love how it grabs my lashes when I apply. Plus if you haven't noticed there is a special tip that you can use for your lower lashes. There's a great how-to video actually on the Sephora site from Benefit itself on how you apply the mascara to achieve the best results. Just click on the They're Real mascara and you should find it there.




The full-size box looks like this. And not only is it the brush but it's the formula. It's jet black. My eyes look finished after I apply this mascara. I don't wear falsies daily. I only wear them for special occasions. So this mascara makes my lashes look unreal as if I'm wearing falsies.



Gorgeous full-size silver tube.


Sephora has a special set they sell online. Ulta may have this as well. For the price of a full-size mascara, you get the travel size as well. You can see I've already stocked up!.


Here is a recent post on IG. The pic of my eye was taken on my iPhone after 9 hours of wear. 
They still look great!!


Since I'm on the subject of lashes and mascara. I highly recommend Mac's Prep+Prime as a base for this mascara or really any. Especially the new colour mascaras that are out there. It will elongate and thicken your lashes. You can see the wand has wider bristles so it  can coat more lashes including your bottom ones! Let the base dry before you apply your mascara.



Mac Prep+Prime Lash



Indispensable! Available at M.A.C. counters, M.A.C. Pro stores and maccosmetics.com. 
This retails for $16.00


Well that's it. Oh, and an added note. I always use a lash curler and metal lash comb. 

If you get a chance to try these products, let me know!
I'd love to hear from you.

See you on IG, FB, Twitter and the social media-verse!
Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.

Please when sharing pics, link back to this blog.