Saturday, August 24, 2013

WetnWild Pop Art Craze Eyeshadows

Wet & Wild Pop Art Craze Eyeshadows




These were an amazing find and a pretty neat collection. There are 6 palettes in the Pop Art Craze collection. It was a late night run to Walgreens. I was surprised to find these and lucky as they were tucked away on a middle shelf. They are hot items! If you find them, get them. You get to play with non-neutral colors for price of one Mac lipstick. They retail for $2.99 and if you have a $1.00 coupon well then it's $2.00 for each palette. Amazing. Some of these needed extra help to look vibrant. 

Here's my review, my take and what I came up with using these palettes. 

To Muse and Carouse
This was the 1st palette I gravitated to. I loved the peach, blue and brown combo. 
My idea that popped into my head was a brown cut crease. I used Mac Dipdown to darken the brown as it's not as dark on it's own. I used Maybelline's Oh So Berry mascara on bottom lashes. 
The peach was a bit uneven in application but other than that it rocks!

I'm Seeing Triples!
It was a late night and decided to do some diagonals on my eyelid. These are super-pigmented. 
I played around with Maybelline's Green with Envy mascara and added a falsie on the bottom 
with Glitter eyebrows on top.

Three's A Party
With this palette, I was inspired to do a runway/couture-inspired eye. 
I used Lime Crime Milky Way Uniliner on bottom. 
I used the red shadow to create the red liner on top and the brows are reddish too. These are pretty pigmented but using Mac Blacktrack, NYX Blackbean or Stila Smudgestick in Black as a base helps deepen and make it long-lasting.


Your 15 Minutes Aren't Up!
This palette reminds me of Barbie. Girlie pink, purple and yellow. Used Maybelline's Wink of Pink mascara all around to compliment pink. Using Max Fix+ helps on top of a base of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Base (or Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper) and NYX Eyeshadow Base in White 
(or Nyx Milk Jumbo eye pencil) especially to bring out the yellow eyeshadow.


A Regular at the Factory
This palette reminds me of a safari in Africa. 
I like how the blue mixes with yellow to create a green. 
I used Mac's Mixing Medium to blend.
Thanks to Wet&Wild for liking this pic on Instagram! 


Hard Being the It Girl
This palette wasn't the best out of the bunch. 
The pink and yellow aren't strong colors and are very chalky.
However the blue is, so I created a gradient blue eyebrow. 
Used Maybelline's I See Blue mascara and added more
blue to bottom lashes with Nyx liquid eyeliner. 
Second shot added pink falsies by Red Cherry.


Which one is your favorite Pop Art Craze palette?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.

Please when sharing pics, link back to this blog.