Thursday, October 3, 2013

L'Oreal LeMatte + LaLaque ColourRiche Lip Pens

L'Oreal LeMatte + LaLaque ColourRiche Lip Pens

All Lip Pens featured except #411
Rave reviews. Limited Edition.
Question: Is it worth the hype?

Well let me say this first, you'll be lucky if you can find them.
If you do, get any that you can (and leave some for somebody else would be nice).
These I found at Walgreens and Target. Will they eventually trickle down to other locations or not, I don't know, but I do know that they don't last that long on the shelf anyway. My Walgreens had received 2 shipments but they were gone and then they received no more.
You'll have to trek to numerous locations to see if they have them. Good luck.
With the way makeup companies are playing the "Limited Edition" game, finding these kinds of lipsticks is becoming a rather difficult task!

If you're up for the challenge, here's what you'll get.
No liners used unless noted.


Le Matte
4 lip pens with a velvety matte finish.
Feels lightweight on lips.
Love the texture on these and I can use liners to create lip looks.
Not drying at all.

No Matte-R What - 403
A velvety and versatile matte nude lippie.
Rating: 5/5

Matte-R of Fact - 404

A velvety matte vampy burgundy red lippie.
Rating: 5/5

She's So Matte - 408
A velvety matte coral pink lippie.
Rating: 5/5

Matte for Me - 409


A velvety matte cherry red lip bordering on fuchsia really.
Rating: 5/5



LA Laque
4 lip pens with a glossy finish.
I can feel the 'lacqueredness' on lips.
Put too much on and it'll feel like you shellac'ed your lips.
Not much is needed for full coverage.
It's not super glossy but there's enough shine to differentiate it from the matte.
Not drying at all either.

Never Laque-ing - 411

A glossy neutral pink lippie.
Rating: 5/5


Lacquer-ized - 412
Lacquerized - 412 (taken in studio lights; no flash)


A glossy hot pink lippie with purple tones.
Added Note: This one was interestingly difficult to photograph. Perhaps my camera has reached 'burn-out' mode. I decided to go back and do flash photo with this one. However I'm going to post the original in studio lights one on here as well. My studio lights made it look more purple!!
 I think this lippie is going to look different on everybody.
Rating: 5/5



Lacque-onic - 413

A glossy glam blue-red lippie.
Rating: 5/5



I Laque You Alot - 414

A glossy orangey red lippie.
Rating: 5/5


Final thoughts:
L'Oreal tautes this as a 'lipstick and lipliner in one'.
For all the shots unless otherwise specified, I used the pen to line my lips. The sharp double-angled tip gave precision however once you wear that down you're left with a rounded nub. 
There's not a lot of product in the pen too.
Seen below is how much you get for roughly $7.99.
And the longwear you get with hi-end matte and retro's aren't going to be found here. 
You're going to be reapplying... 3 hours at most if you're not drinking and eating.

Full length of lip pen contains (not even a full tube of lipstick)
The novelty and 'hotness' factor is that it's a lipstick in a pen. Convenient to carry, chic to pull out and it's offered in 2 hot finishes. No wonder Revlon is jumping on the bandwagon and 
releasing their version of this.

I didn't get backups and that's ok. I like to try different trendy collections but much of what is featured in this collection are dupable colors or colors I already have. They altered their traditional lipstick formula in terms of texture but left their notable and distinct powdery soft floral scent 
which greets you as you open the tube. 
I personally have no qualms with it and love the scent. And 'tongue-in-cheek' names.

So all in all, if you see this at the store, try not to jump up and down too much, 
but I won't blame you if you do.

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess


DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please when sharing pics, link back to this blog.