Friday, November 8, 2013

Lipscape Review 2

Lipscape Review 2
~new improved formula~

I was asked by the lovely Ingrid Butler, creator of Lipscape, 
handmade lipstick inspired by her love of geography to review her newly reformulated lippies. 
I was delighted that she asked me and was even more so to hear of the changes. 
It's great when cosmetics companies listen and seek to improve their products!
With that, onto the review!

The 2 lippies I received were:
Jacobin
Embargo
These are both listed as 'Fall Favorites' on the yourlipscape.com site.
And rightly so, as they are on trend for fall!

Jacobin Lips: black cherry lipstick
Jacobin Lips

Jacobin
This lippie is a 'black cherry lipstick' with purple undertones and 'is named for "The Black Jacobins"--better known as the revolutionary-thinking enslaved Haitians of 1791…" according to the site. 
The formula is much-improved. The overpowering buttercream scent is gone and replaced by a subtle cocoa scent (at least that's what it smelled like to me!). It went on smooth, was comfortably matte but not drying at all. For this lippie, I used Mac Nightmoth lipliner which blended perfectly. Reminds me of the very trendy fall lippies that are out there. 
Rating: 5/5

Embargo Lips: grey-periwinkle-pewter lipstick

Embargo Lips
Embargo
This lippie is a 'grey-periwinkle-pewter lipstick named after the embargo put in place by the US government following the Cuban Revolution" according to the site. 
This is such an interesting color. Frankly, it looks like the color of my porch! It's a flat grey with a tinge of blue. A little pasty going on but I am definitely digging it! Formula is a comfortable matte. On trend again for fall because I can blend this color with lipliners and the 'zombie look' has been "in" especially with grayish nudes released in recent collections. But I don't look like a zombie when I'm wearing this!
For this lippie, I used NYX Retractable Eyeliner in Gray which blended in perfectly.
Rating: 5/5

All lippies are handmade and vegan. Retail for $15. The site offers free shipping for orders over $50 anywhere in the US. And the entire collection is on sale for $115.00. 
yourlipscape.com

Have you tried Lipscape lippies?
What are your favs?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

Disclaimer: Products in the review were provided by the company. All opinions expressed are my own.