Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mac Magnetic Nudes Review

Morning Rose LE - Cremesheen
MORNING ROSE LIPS: a soft cool rose lippie in a cremesheen finish by Mac. (LE) 

Rating: 5/5

This is the standout in this collection for me. It's a lovely nuetral pink that has a light frost which makes my lips look magnetic! Lol...A nice switch-up after all these 'vampy' lippies. Wearable for anyone especially if you like neutral pink shades. And to quote myself from IG as I was sharing with a friend: "...after swatching and wearing a myriad of oxblood, vamp, purple, black, brown, RiRi lippies, grey, matte pink, matte red and oranges...a neutral pink is pretty unique to me! Lol! I try to be objective  in my reviews - this lippie stood out for me because of how it hugged my lips, lasted long despite being a cremesheen, my lips were soft and it wasn't frosty but the sheen makes lips appear fuller plus it's universally flattering for all and an everyday color when I don't want to scream at people with my outrageous lipstick colors. Similar to L'Oreal 411 La Laque which surprisingly was sold out everywhere! First color to go then the purply pink.

Close Contact and Sensual Sparks LE - Amplified
 CLOSE CONTACT and SENSUAL SPARKS LIPS: both Amplified lippies from Mac.

 Rating on both: 4/5

Pretty solid nude lippies. Close Contact is a creamy peach. Sensual Sparks is a dirty cool caramel. Personally I prefer the Close Contact as I like the 'peachy nude'. Sensual Sparks on my NC20 looks like a dirty nude. Probably gonna mix them together and make a new nude. I am nuded out though. These shades remind me of the ones I have from the Mac Nudes&Metallics release of last year! Lots of new nude shades released currently tho...! *Think Maybelline's The Buffs =Oversaturation in the makeup world imo...LOL may have to pull out a lippie from Punk Couture! Anyway these are solid nude shades although not hard to find similar nudes in the Mac perm line and anywhere else.


Carnal Instinct LE - Frost
 CARNAL INSTINCT LIPS: a deep brick red with gold pearl LE lippie in a frost finish by Mac.

Rating: 5/5 

I didn't think I was going to give a 5 but it's like putting chocolate on my lips. It goes on great. Looks lighter than Mac's Subverted LE which is really brown and a close dupe. The red becomes more apparent with a flash photo which I'll be posting soon. Right now this is pairing up nicely with my TooFaced Chocolate Bar and I'm not big on frosts but this one is good.


Carnal Instinct + Bare Necessity Lip Combo - taken with Flash

CARNAL INSTINCT + BARE NECESSITY DAZZLEGLASS LIPS: can you say va-va-voom? It's like I have expensive jewels on my lips! Carnal Instinct LE frost lippie topped with Bare Necessity Dazzleglass perm. Taken with flash so you see the red in the lippie and the gold flecks!

What are you favs from this collection?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please when sharing pics, link back to this blog.