Friday, March 28, 2014

M.A.C. ~ A Fantasy of Flowers Review


M.A.C. 's A Fantasy of Flowers collection has 6 Lustre finish lipsticks. All evoking the gentle nature of springtime. I reviewed and tried all of them and here are my thoughts.
I wanted to create a helpful visual 'swipe guide' for the Lustre lippie. This lippie is the kind where you either like them or you don't. It's a misunderstood lippie in my opinion simply because of the popularity of mattes and liquid lipsticks. If you know what I'm talking about, feel free to skip this and scroll down to the swatches!

In any case, Lustre lippies -for me after using so many lippies- are basically 'gloss in a tube'. It's versatile in that it's buildable. You can wear it super sheer for just a hint of color on a low-key no makeup day. Or you can swipe to build coverage and achieve a color as close as possible to the tube color you see. They are not my fav finish by M.A.C. but I appreciate having them around when I don't want to go with a full-on bold lip, or want to add more focus to the eyes or just need a hint of color.

Please note: Since Lustre lippies are glossy, they don't last long on the lips. However you can line and fill-in your lips before applying to intensify color and make it last a little longer than it normally does.

Below I did 1-swipe, 3-swipes and 6-swipes. Although with me, I love swiping in general so I sometimes loose count 'cuz I just love applying lipstick! lol…

Lustre Lipstick Swipe Guide using "Dreaming Dahlia" lippie.

Dreaming Dahlia Lips

Dreaming Dahlia Lips

Rating: 4/5
This is a soft coral Lustre lippie. While it looks like a bold and bright red-coral in the tube, 
the color comes out like a soft play of coral on the lips. No matter how many times I swiped, I was unable to build the color up to the color in the tube. However it is a beautiful coral shade. 

Dreaming Dahlia ~ Rating: 4/5

Heavenly Hybrid Lips

Heavenly Hybrid Lips

Rating: 5/5
This is a soft plum Lustre lippie. Out of the 3 pinks in the collection, this pink is darker, bolder plum pink which looks lovely. It builds up nicely and is one of my favs.

Heavenly Hybrid ~ Rating: 5/5


Snapdragon Lips

Snapdragon Lips
Rating: 5/5
This is a soft pink with subtle shimmer Lustre lippie. This is the second pink in the collection and different in that it has a subtle shimmer. It makes my lips appear fuller. Great pink lip color for spring!

Snapdragon Lips ~ Rating: 5/5

Naked Bud Lips

Naked Bud Lips

Rating: 4/5
This is a soft nude Lustre lippie. I gave this lippie a 4/5 rating probably because I have many nudes and similar Lustre lippies in this shade. However I have been reaching for this one more so as it pairs so nicely with a bold eye look. It also works when I have a no-makeup day. Very versatile lippie! If you don't have a Lustre lippie in a nude finish, make sure you add one to your collection. It's great to have a reliable go-to lippie that performs for you either way. Plus M.A.C. always releases these types of Lustre nude lippies in their collections. It's like a mainstay.

Naked Bud Lips ~ Rating: 4/5

Fleur D'Coral Lips

Fleur D'Coral Lips

Rating: 4/5
This is a soft peach Lustre lippie. Very pretty soft peach color. I gave this one a 4/5 because it does remind me of the colors in M.A.C.'s All About Orange collection of 2013. If you have any or all of those lippies, you aren't missing much with this lippie. For those of you who just love peachy lips, this is a must-have and of course if you are a lipstick collector. I haven't been reaching much for this one as I have so many similar lippies but I think I'll be putting this one into use as it starts to get warmer!

Fleur D'Coral ~ Rating: 4/5

Rose Lily Lips

Rose Lily Lips

Rating: 5/5
This is a soft light pink Lustre lippie. The 3rd pink lippie in the collection. 
It's basically St. Germain's Lustre cousin. A very bright and light cute pink color. 
Very pretty on the lips. Another of my favs.

Rose Lily Lips ~ Rating: 5/5

What's your fav "A Fantasy of Flowers" lippie?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission!