Friday, March 28, 2014

Maybelline Dare to Be Bold Review

Maybelline Limited Edition "Dare to Be Bold" lippies.

They just had to! They just had to add 4 more lippies when I have all The Buffs! You're probably wondering whether any of these are worth a look. Well yes they are! And I wish I can get backups but oh well I don't have a shortage of lipstick so I'll be fine…lol. Onto the review…

Raw Reveal Lips
Rating: 5/5
A light taupe nude. Reminds me of the greyish nudes made popular by M.A.C.'s RiRi "Nude" and "Exclusive Event". This is the lightest taupe in comparison to the ones released in "The Buffs" collection namely "Touchable Taupe" and "Sinamon". Good opaque coverage and unique enough to get especially if you missed out on the others and/or like this lip look.

Raw Reveal Lips  ~ Rating: 5/5

Nude Embrace Lips
Rating: 5/5
A mauve nude. I was pleasantly surprised with this lippie. While it didn't look like the color in the tube, it plays nicely on the lips in a soft mauvish nude. Unique to the other lipsticks and very natural, good opaque coverage ~ one of my favs.
Nude Embrace Lips ~ Rating: 5/5

 Raw Reveal Lips
Rating: 4/5
A light warm pink. This was a beauty in the tube when I saw it. It reminded me of M.A.C.'s Viva Glam Nicki only a very light version of it. It's a very light warm pink. The only thing about this lippie is that it's streaky which is why I gave it a 4/5. I still love it though and it's very pretty.
Radiant Rose Lips ~ Rating: 4/5

Barely Bronze Lips
Rating: 4/5
A shimmery pink-toned nude. This was one of the first lippies I decided to try actually when I got them. The frost lippie. Actually it's more of a shimmery nude. Not really a bronze. In the photo I lined using M.A.C. Stone lip pencil which is why it looks darker but I was surprised at the coverage. A little bit of shimmer in lipsticks always makes lips look fuller too. A different finish from the rest of the collection and "The Buffs".
Barely Bronze Lips ~ Rating: 4/5


Maybelline rounded off The Buffs nicely with these 4 limited edition lippies. 
They're different enough from the main collection and drool-worthy.
Maybelline "Dare to Be Bold" 4 Lippies

What's your fav 'Dare to Be Bold' lippie?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission.