Friday, March 28, 2014

Revlon Legacy Limited Edition Lipsticks Review

Revlon re-released 5 lipsticks that were discontinued from way back when and voted back by fans. They are limited edition and in very limited quantities. I had frustrations in finding them when they were first rolled out into stores starting March 1st. With the consistent bad weather, I could see shipments being delayed to stores. Many people I spoke to who worked in the stores never even heard of them. The Revlon Customer Service rep said they were being released in Ulta, Walgreens, CVS and Kroger. Good luck in finding them if you are interested! (The display is very small, btw.) So many voiced their frustration on social media to Revlon. I know companies do listen to people on social media so keep voicing on! They do listen and hopefully will improve. Limited Edition lipsticks can be frustrating to find and companies are rolling out too many imo that even I can't keep up!

Snow Peach Lips
Snow Peach Lips ~ Rating: 5/5 ~ My fav!
 My fav lippie from the collection is Snow Peach. It's such a pretty summery color. I kept thinking about how back in 1956 this is what women were wearing. Thinking of Marilyn Monroe. Although she wore a mix of reds. It's a very bright almost neon coral. My lippie did have a lot of slip - so a little goes a long way.


Icy Violet Lips
Icy Violet Lips ~ Rating: 5/5

When I saw the ad for these lipsticks, the one that I was drawn to was the purple one! How vintage and how cool that in 1946 they were rocking purple lips? Well the purple in the tube is more of a shimmery plum. It's pretty and NOT old lady-like in any way because I'm sure the young people of that generation were the ones wearing this color!

Sandstorm Lips
Sandstorm Lips ~ Rating: 4/5

Brown lipstick was hot in 1999. Fortunately I don't remember it. I have many brown lippies anyway. I'll have to emulate the look now. Good coverage and has that warm copper shimmer. Not one of my favs but for those of you who adore this look and are nostalgic about 1999~a definite must-have. And remember you're gonna party like it's 1999…


 Jungle Peach Lips
Jungle Peach Lips ~ Rating: 4/5

The sixties live on! In 1963, they were rocking a light peach lip. I can see Twiggy, flower power and psychedelic fashion now…lol. This lipstick -I don't know if it's just the one I got- had difficulty swiping the color on. Besides that I have so many of these kinds of lipsticks too with far superior coverage and scent (Revlon lippies are unscented). I still think it's a novel lippie to have.

 Fifth Avenue Red Lips
Fifth Avenue Red Lips ~ Rating: 5/5
What an elegant red! Classic 1958 red that is! It's a dark cool-toned red. I love having a piece of lipstick history! Good coverage and almost matte. 

Revlon Legacy Lip Chart
Did you manage to get a Revlon Legacy lippie?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission.