Thursday, April 3, 2014

M.A.C. by Request Lippie Review

 It's amazing how goo-goo gaga everyone is going over this. Hey I'm one of them. I'm still reviewing these lippies. I just got them and only tried one. I like to test lippies and wear them for a bit longer to see how they feel, wear, etc. I will update this post with the other two lippies.

UPDATED!! SEE BELOW!!

So M.A.C. had the voting contest for a selection of lippies that they were planning on bringing back. I voted for Rozz, which was a matte watermelon pink. Sadly it didn't win. I feel the colors are repetitive and dupable. Hoop reminds me so much of Please Me when I opened the tube. Glam in the tube looked like Fifth Ave Red by Revlon  but actually it's not - surprise! Pink Poodle was interesting. It is the standout in the collection. What was most interesting was that it's a Glaze lippie. I think many thought it was a Frost but it's not. I'm not into Glaze lippies. The only one I have is Pervette. Glaze finish is very sheer. I lined my lips and filled them in to help the Glaze pop. Lustre's are sheer too but creamy and buildable. It would be nice if M.A.C. does this request promo again. I wish the other colors would have been re-introduced or maybe even re-promoted in upcoming collections.

M.A.C. by Request Lippies 2014


PINK POODLE LIPS
Rating: 4.5/5
Glaze Finish; Very Sheer
Hot Fuchsia Pink with Blue Shift
Dupes: NYC Blue Rose; D&G Chic Monica; UD Jilted
This is the standout in the collection thus far. I took a 1/2 point off because it doesn't wear long. But the color pops and I recommend lining and filling with a lipliner (I used Mac Magenta) prior to application. If you're on the fence as to whether you should get anything from this collection, I think this one would be my 1st choice. The other two are so similar to what I have already. And it's frankly what Mac does. They re-do similar colors or put them in pretty packaging but it's the same color that you have in the 100's of lippies you own. Or in my case, 1,000s.
Pink Poodle Lips - a glaze lippie bright fuchsia blue-pink

HOOP LIPS
Rating: 4.5/5
Satin Finish; Opaque more like a Matte
 Warm Salmon Yellow Pink
Dupes: M.A.C. Please Me; 
WnW Pinkerbell (brighter); Covergirl #260 Heavenly and MUFE Aquarouge #15 (slightly darker, pinker)
When I opened the tube to this, it looked like Please Me, a permanent M.A.C. lippie. I took a pic on my IG showing how similar they look. While Hoop is slightly more warmer than Please Me, they are very close. My tube felt more like a matte than a satin. The color is nice and perfect for summer. I included WnW Pinkerbell as a close drugstore match although Hoop is slightly muted version. I took a 1/2 point off because while it has great coverage, it feels dry on my lips.
Hoop Lips - a satin lippie warm salmon pink

GLAM LIPS
Rating: 4.5/5
Matte Finish; Opaque
Bright Pinkish Red
I love red lipsticks. It doesn't matter how many I have, I always like trying a new one. In this case, I thought initially it would be a darker red as it looks that way in the tube. However when I did try it on, it has vibrant pink undertones. It would say that it's almost like a matte version of Rihanna's Viva Glam frost red lippie. Very bright, A perfect glam red. If this is the closest to getting Rozz, I'll take it.
UPDATED NOTE: I decided to take a 1/2 point off simply because it does stain!
Glam Lips - a matte pink red

Which lippie did you vote for?
Should M.A.C. bring back the others?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission.