Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kleancolor Femme Lipstick - LS1273 Review

Image from Kleancolor.com

Femme Lipstick comes in an assortment of shades.
This collection features "romantic" shades of pink, peach, red and berry. 
The site merely has it labeled LS1273.

I've tried on all of the shades which are:

#1 Tea Rose 

#2 Pink

#3 Georgia

#4 Radiant Red

#5 Garnet

#6 Fiesta

They cost a mere $1.99.
Some online retailers sell them for $1.00 but are often sold out.
I purchased mine directly from Kleancolor.com as they had all the colors in stock.
Some tubes arrived damaged with either the tip getting smooshed or the tube falling out.

These are what I like to call #twodollarlippies
Don't expect a lot.
I go in with low expectations.
Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.
All these lippies have a strong scent.
I've noticed that the scent is not necessarily consistent.
Some smell downright pleasant actually like #6 Fiesta.
Kinda like Fabuloso.
You definitely need a good lip prep and liners to get the most outta these.
If you can deal with the scent then you can rock these lippies.
This review are my 1st impressions.
I will give all these lippies another go even the ones I didn't care for so you know that
 they won't just be collecting dust in the drawer!
They are a novelty in the world of lipsticks where you get play with 
so many different colors for a very low low price.


#1 Tea Rose Lips - neutral rose pink
Rating: Thumbs Up!
Perhaps because it reminds me of Mac Bijou.
It's very pretty color.
Went on without any problems.
It's very creamy and glossy.
I lined using Urban Decay Wicked.


#2 Pink Lips - pearlescent cool pink
Rating: Kinda Meh.
It doesn't look anything like the tube color.
It's very sheer, flat, plain pink.
Not pigmented at all.
There are some pearl particles in it.
I had to line and fill-in with Mac Embrace Me just to get it to show up.
Disappointed that it doesn't look anything like the tube color.
This coulda been way better!


#3 Georgia Lips - frosty peach pink
Rating: Thumbs Up!
My lips are fresh like a Georgia peach!
I like this one along with the #1 Tea Rose even if it's a frost.
It went on without any troubles.
I lined using Urban Decay Naked.



#4 Radiant Red Lips - glossy red

Rating: Thumbs Up!
I love red lippies.
This one goes on like a gloss so for me it wears like that.
Very pretty.
I lined using Mac Cherry.


#5 Garnet Lips - raspberry pink red
Rating: Thumbs Up!
This lippie wears more like a sheer lip balm in a tube.
It's like MLBB and kinda like the Revlon Butters.
You may have noticed some of the wax on the side which
I was able to wipe away.
I lined using Mac Beet.


#6 Fiesta Lips - berry fuchsia
Rating: Thumbs Up!
This lippie is very reminiscent of Mac Rebel.
This will look gorg on deeper skin tones.
As per usual with low-end purple lipstick:
More pigmented, more slip, blotchy if you don't prep or apply too much.
Purple undertones will look diff on everybody because of individual lip undertones.
Scent-wise is the strongest. For me itt actually smells very fresh.
Noticeably different from the others in that regard.
I lined using Mac Currant.

My top favs from the LS1273 collection: #1 Tea Rose and #2 Radiant Red.

What is your fav Kleancolor lippie?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission.