Thursday, July 10, 2014

Kleancolor Femme Lipstick - LS1274 Review

Image from Kleancolor.com

Femme Lipstick comes in an assortment of shades.
This collection features "autumn" shades of rose, gold, brown, burgundy. 
The site merely has it labeled LS1274.

I've tried on all of the shades which are:

#7 Soft Rose 

#8 Cranberry Mix

#9 Oro

#10 Chocolate

#11 Brown

#12 Burnt Sugar

They cost a mere $1.99.
Some online retailers sell them for $1.00 but are often sold out.
I purchased mine directly from Kleancolor.com as they had all the colors in stock.
Some tubes arrived damaged with either the tip getting smooshed or the tube falling out.

These are what I like to call #twodollarlippies
Don't expect a lot.
I go in with low expectations.
Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.
All these lippies have a strong scent.
I've noticed that the scent is not necessarily consistent.
Some smell downright pleasant actually like #6 Fiesta.
Kinda like Fabuloso.
You definitely need a good lip prep and liners to get the most outta these.
If you can deal with the scent then you can rock these lippies.
This review are my 1st impressions.
I will give all these lippies another go even the ones I didn't care for so you know that
 they won't just be collecting dust in the drawer!
They are a novelty in the world of lipsticks where you get play with 
so many different colors for a very low low price.

#7 Soft Rose Lips - mauvish pink with shimmer
Rating: Thumbs Up!
I think I found the Kleancolor version of the #kylielip…lol.
Not bad; has a touch of shimmer.
I lined using Mac Whirl.

#8 Cranberry Lips - metallic red
Rating: Meh.
I had hoped this would be rich in red pearlescence.
Nope, it was flat, no slip whatsoever.
Extreme difficulty getting the color going.
It has glitter particles in it and really isn't a metallic.
Coulda been better!
I lined using Mac Cherry.

#9 Oro Lips - antique gold metallic
Rating: Thumbs Up!
I was hoping this wouldn't disappoint and it did not!
Went on nicely; great coverage; pigmented.
For a metallic gold lipstick that's pretty good.
I lined using Mac Cream'OSpice.

#10 Chocolate Lips - darkened orange
Rating: Thumbs Up!
I initially lined using Mac Pink Treat thinking it was close to the color of the tube, 
but I started swiping and whoa! It's orange. A pretty darkened one.
Kinda looks more like butterscotch than chocolate.
Not as sheer; pigmented; didn't have to swipe as much.

#11 Brown Lips -  brown
Rating: Thumbs Up!
This lippie was the 1st one I tried on.
It's really nice.
It's a buildable sheer color not as dark as it appears in the tube.
Scent is tolerable for this and it appears to fade.
I lined using Mac Chestnut.

#12 Burnt Sugar Lips - burgundy red
Rating: OK
This one arrived damaged.
The tip was smooshed and the tube fell out when I opened it.
Not the best experience when you're trying on new lipstick.
I lightly lined with Mac Nightmoth.
It's a sheer, buildable color.
But you need to swipe as it wears thin on the lips.
Filling-in with lipliner may enhance the color.

My top favs from this LS1274 collection: #9 Oro and #11 Brown.

What is your fav Kleancolor lippie?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission.