Wednesday, July 30, 2014

M.A.C. Moody Blooms Sheen Supreme Lipsticks - Review

Moody Blooms 2014 Sheen Supreme (5 LEs; 1 Perm)

M.A.C. released the Moody Blooms collection for summer on June 26th. 
A collection of Sheen Supreme lippies that is everything about exotic night-blooming florals. 
I love the Sheen Supreme lipstick formula, for me it's a gellified lipglass. 
Creamy and moisturizing. Pigmented yet translucent.

They wear pretty well however I did notice that if you are outside in extremely hot weather for long periods of time, even with a good lipliner, they will start to bleed. Only natural because of the humidity. This was after a couple of hours of wear though before I noticed the bleeding.
I never had the problem of bleeding though during the cooler seasons.
So far I've tried the Lust Extract and it is an electrifying shade.
Absolute stunner!
UPDATE: Only 1 more lippie to post (Quite the Thing!)
Swatches posted on Instagram and Facebook as well.

RECAP:
All I can say is that I personally love the Sheen Supreme formula.
They are all highly pigmented yet have a translucence to them.
I think of them in terms of a "gellified lipglass".
They aren't sticky.
I don't have my hair catching on them.
They leave my lips moisturized.
All these lippies have a Rating of 5/5.


The collection features 6 lippies:
Quite the Thing! - Deep Blue Plum
(consistently sold out even though it's a perm)
I've tried this one just need to post a shot.
It's a pink mauvey red.
It's lovely and perfect.
No wonder it's sold out!
It's like the Sheen Supreme version of Mac Heaux imo.

Lust Extract LE - Electric Violet
My fav. It's bright and beautiful. Stunning!

Venomous Violet LE - Deep Berry
A pleasant surprise! Great for fall.
Darker than Mac Pure Heroine and creamier.

Pheromonal LE - Dark Blue Pink 
Great to have a darker pink. This one is lovely as well.

 Phosphorescent LE - Electric Pink Coral
Just pretty. Great with a simply smokey matte eye.

Moody Blooms LE - Bronze Plum
Reminds me of Mac Can't Get Enough which is lighter (peachy bronze).

Retails: $17.00
3.6g/0.12 US oz





Lust Extract Lips - electric violet pink - Lined with Mac Magenta
Rating: 5/5

Venomous Violet Lips - deep berry - Lined with Mac Nightmoth
Rating: 5/5


Pheromonal Lips - dark blue pink - Lined with Mac Embrace Me LE
Rating: 5/5

Phosphorescent Lips - electric pink coral - Lined with Mac Cherry
Rating: 5/5

Moody Bloom Lips - bronze plum - Lined with Mac Creamola
Rating: 5/5

What's your fav Sheen Supreme?

Stay sweet lovelies!
~Duchess

DISCLAIMER: All products were purchased by the Duchess unless otherwise noted.
Please do not use my photos without my permission.